Charles Cody is the Principal of Cody Legal which operates in the Melbourne metropolitan area and surrounding regional areas.
Charles focuses his practice on workplace investigations, mediation and workplace training. He has vast experience in advising and assisting employers:
- In conducting workplace investigations into alleged:
- Employee Misconduct;
- Workplace Bullying;
- Workplace Discrimination and Workplace Harassment;
- Employee Under-performance; and
- Employee Theft of IP
- In conducting mediations in a wide range of business and workplace disputes
- On terminations of employment, adverse actions and discrimination issues
- On confidentiality and restraint of trade issues
- In conducting workplace risk management training courses
He is an accredited mediator under the National Mediator Accreditation System through the Law Institute of Victoria and has vast experience as a member of the Office of the Franchising Mediation Adviser panel of mediators and the Law Institute of Victoria’s panel of mediators.
Charles has also been active in promoting mediation through workshops and seminars. His paper on the mediation provisions of the Franchising Code, “Effective Dispute Resolution for Franchising – Despite the Code” was published in the Franchising Law and Policy Review (1998).
Charles completed a Master of Labour Relations Law degree at the University of Melbourne in 2001 and in 2003 was awarded accreditation as a Workplace Relations Specialist by the Law Institute of Victoria.